Saturday, April 01, 2006

Not sure if people were listening, but yesterday on NPR Leonard Lopate had his brother Phillip Lopate on to discuss Phillip's latest book "American Movie Critics: From The Silents Until Now," and the role of the film critic in genearl. Great comments on Kael, Crowther, and many others. You can stream the show from NPR's website. Here is the link. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5297477

My computer is officially dead, so I'm working from NYU's computer right now. Once I can get my hands on a new computer, or retrieve my headphones from the office Monday morning, I plan on revisiting this interview and taking notes. I'll be sure to post some thoughts/comments once afterwards.

--Cullen

3 Comments:

Blogger mfiore said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:18 AM  
Blogger mfiore said...

Cullen, I heard about this on ATC in the 7-8 am slot driving to work and almost phoned you, then thought well, it'll be on their website...and then forgot. I'm so glad you caught it and reminded ME! My need for catch up time is snowballing, up to about meteorite scale already...haven't read those 4 essays, can barely keep up with the reading I've assigned my essay wtg class, etc etc. So the Passover-Easter 10-day break is probably my first chance...RT plane ride to SF to see the new grandson means big reading slot for me, and after, I'll still have 4 more days.

Thanks so much for this radiolert!
Margaret

6:19 AM  
Blogger mfiore said...

Cullen, I heard about this on ATC in the 7-8 am slot driving to work and almost phoned you, then thought well, it'll be on their website...and then forgot. I'm so glad you caught it and reminded ME! My need for catch up time is snowballing, up to about meteorite scale already...haven't read those 4 essays, can barely keep up with the reading I've assigned my essay wtg class, etc etc. So the Passover-Easter 10-day break is probably my first chance...RT plane ride to SF to see the new grandson means big reading slot for me, and after, I'll still have 4 more days.

Thanks so much for this radiolert!
Margaret

6:19 AM

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home