Saturday, April 08, 2006

I am new to Cinemascope, though I think I'll be a regular reader from now on. My first issue was their previous one, and it was quite good. I've been trying to find their latest issue, but Barnes and Noble and Kims are both out of it. I might just buy a subscription. Film Comment is quite good, as well. I'm also partial to Cineaction, a publiction out of Toronto (Robin Wood, a student of F.R. Leavis, is one of its editors). Cineaction usually has a few lenghty academic articles, as well as a few reviews, on both current and older films. I have the new issue of Cineaste, which is also very interesting: several interviews (Sidney Lumet, The Dardenne brothers, Michael Winterbottom), pieces on Bresson (kind of dissapointing) and a host of film/dvd/book reviews. I can bring a bunch of these magazines in next time we meet, if you'd like to take a look at them. (Or I can photocopy any articles that seem interesting to you.)

Where can I find the Pierre Schneider piece?

-Cullen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home