Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hey, blogmates,
How did you like My Architect and Brokeback Mountain? Has anyone learned any interesting details along the way about either? One new question that's occurred to me is what is Ang Lee known for?--I think this is the first of his films I've seen, and have I correctly picked up that none of his films is remotely similar to the others? I think amongst our blogs so far is a small collection of questions. Maybe I'll go through them and make a list.

Read Annie Proulx's short story "Brokeback Mountain" tonight. The film is as identical to her story as I can imagine film being. No brown paper bag, though, so I suppose that synecdoche is Ang Lee's. Somewhere I read that her reaction to the film was something like amazed...can't google my way back to that comment.

Hope to hear from you all. Cullen, your filmgoing is amazing, too. I spent Saturday at the Met, seeing for the second time the Fra Angelico show. I guess he was like a 15th c. cineaste. It ends the 29th...don't miss it!
Margaret

1 Comments:

Blogger Cinema Journal said...

Will be seeing BM in 42 minutes... previously Ang Lee was known for The Ice Storm with Kevin Kilne--I haven't seen this, but I've heard from many people it's their favorite of his--and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Lee seems to have had an eclectic career, since he also did The Hulk.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home